Thank you for your interest in the Certification on Vocational Rehabilitation Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance. We are pleased to provide answers to some of your most frequently asked questions.
We encourage you to review the participant selection criteria, as well as the “Is Online Learning for Me?” section on our certification training page, and submit the applicant you believe would be most qualified for participation.
However, the participant’s agency will be required to support the participant by providing:
- Technology adequate to participate in online courses
- Access to the Internet
- Time to complete the online courses
- The ability to design and implement the final capstone project within their agency
- The time and financial resources needed to participate in cohort initiation and graduation. The cohort initiation will be at the Council of State Vocational Rehabilitation Administration (CSAVR) conference being held in Bethesda, MD in early April. You can learn more about this conference by visiting the CSAVR website.
Graduation will be at the VR Summit Group conference (location changes annually).
- Travel expenses (such as airfare or mileage, hotel, per diem meals, ground transport to and from airport) related to attending the initiation and graduation.
However, the online coursework is scheduled to begin May 1, 2016.
The online certificate program is designed to take about 12 months and also involves a capstone project at the end which may take a little longer. The capstone projects will be a great opportunity for participants to take what they’ve learned through the courses and design/implement an evaluation pilot in their state agency with guidance from an evaluation mentor.
- Theories of Evaluation
- Professional and Ethical Considerations
- Project Management
- Data Collection
- Quality Assurance
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis
- Team and Client Communication
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable using basic/intermediate math skills
- Current position within state VR program responsible for coordinating and/or working with the agency’s data collection and reporting system (e.g. Aware, state-designed, other)
- Employed in current position for at least 6 months